Cricket World Cup First Match Update: england cricket team vs new zealand
The eagerly anticipated cricket match between England and New Zealand has just unfolded, and here are the latest updates. The toss was won by New Zealand, who opted to bowl first.
England Batting Performance
- Jonny Bairstow opened the innings and scored 33 runs off 35 balls with 4 fours and 1 six, ultimately being dismissed by Daryl Mitchell, bowled by Santner.
- Dawid Malan contributed 14 runs off 24 balls with 2 fours before getting caught by Latham off Matt Henry’s delivery.
- Joe Root held the innings together with a solid performance, scoring 51 runs off 58 balls with 2 fours and 1 six.
- Harry Brook added 25 quick runs off 16 balls, featuring 4 fours, before being caught by Conway, bowled by Rachin Ravindra.
- Moeen Ali chipped in with 11 runs off 17 balls before being bowled out by Glenn Phillips.
- Jos Buttler played a valuable knock, scoring 34 runs off 36 balls with 1 four and 2 sixes, and remained unbeaten.
- The England team managed to put up a total of 171 runs for the loss of 4 wickets in their allotted 31 overs, achieving a run rate of 5.52.
- Trent Boult bowled 7 overs, conceding 39 runs without taking a wicket.
- Matt Henry bowled 5 overs, taking 1 wicket for 21 runs.
- Mitchell Santner bowled 7 overs, securing 1 wicket for 26 runs.
- James Neesham bowled 5 overs, conceding 35 runs without taking a wicket.
- Rachin Ravindra bowled 6 overs, taking 1 wicket for 47 runs.
- Glenn Phillips bowled 1 over, giving away 3 runs and taking 1 wicket.
Fall Of Wickets
- Dawid Malan was the first to depart at 40 runs in 7.4 overs.
- Jonny Bairstow followed at 64 runs in 12.5 overs.
- Harry Brook was dismissed at 94 runs in 16.6 overs.
- Moeen Ali was the fourth wicket to fall at 118 runs in 21.2 overs.
Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting cricket match between England and New Zealand!